Sunday, February 18, 2007

Cards for Shane

I read this on Karens Blog / Myleta her Mommas Blog....

If you haven't heard about this (it is now on several websites, BT and a radio station) then let me tell you about something we can all do. Here is the radios website http://www.1053kissfm.com/station_info/cartersandraboyle.jsp
Very Touching indeed!!

A little boy age seven named Shane has leukemia and his dying wish is to be in the guiness world book of records for receiving the most birthday cards. His birthday is May 30th but he would like to receive these cards before his birthday.
I think we can make this happen for this little boy!!
His address:
Shane Bernier PO Box 484 Landcaster, ON K0C 1N0

I encourage all you scappers and card makers to make a card; put a smile on this little guys face and pay it forward. Get your children involved have them make cards!

Okay, lets see - how about this - if you would like to drop the cards off at the store I will mail them all off at once. First Mail Out will be Monday March 5th.

Yeppers, still up 2:30am - crops do this to me - can't stop surfin' 2Ps getting ideas to use all that new paper with! Oh and can somebody kindly remind me NOT to wear those honkin' brown shoes next crop that I had on tonight - make sure I have my Crocs on! LOL

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Nickie Roo...what an awesome project! I really think we can make this happen for Shane. Just imagine if every teacher had every student make a card! :-)

NickyT said...

Monique!!! What a GREAT idea!!

StampinThursdays said...

Great idea! I am going to mention it to Ian's pre-school teacher. It is really great of you to send them Nick.

Stacie said...

I think this is an awesome Idea

Hey on another topic, Nic how come you have not had anymore take out classes?

"The real" MarthaSue said...

that is a fantastic idea Monique!

Just in time for Mother's day - make one bday card and one m day card - what mother wouldn't want their child to "pass on" a random act of kindness like this "specially" for mothers day -
i know what my girls are doing this weekend!

or we should have a giant "make a card for Shane" day at the store Nick - (everyone brings their own "stuff" or they can buy a blank card/envie from you - then decorate etc ..... oh my what a great idea...lol

Anonymous said...

Well today, I told my class all about Shane and his wish.They are soooo enthusiastic about the cards.
We looked at Shane's pictures before and after treatment.
We talked about his loss of hair etc. What an awesome "teachable" moment! We have quite a few cards already! Can't wait to bring them in! :-)

Anonymous said...

Nicole I hope you don't mind....I passed this infromation along on KC to help get teh word out. I really would love to see his wish come true. Tracey