Friday, March 21, 2008

To teach, or not to teach...That is the question...

As you know, I'm in the process of collecting feedback from everyone on what they'd like to see happen at nics. One thing that I'm hearing from a number of you is that you want to see classes again. Well...I'm all ears :) I'd LOVE to get classes going again too!! That being said, classes require alot of planning and preparation and although I'll happily invest both...I need to know what you're looking for, so fill me in :) Those of you who have attended classes in the passed, what worked best for you?? what didn't? If there was something that wasn't working, how can we make it work?? What types of classes would you like to see happen? I need specifics. If there's a particular product or technique you'd like to see...I need to know. Are you new to scrappin?? Do we need to have another "Scrappin 101" class for beginners?? How about altered items or card classes??

I know it's an overwhelming question but I also know that not everyone is interrested in the same things and everyone has their own style of scrappin Sooooo...be as specific as you can and give as much info as possible. The more feedback I get, the sooner I can make it happen :)

Can't wait to hear from ya!!

Hollee

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would like to see classes on new products. At this point I am not sure what is new. I miss the updates on new items. I also like the monthly page kits as I can not always get to a class.

Anonymous said...

Hey Hollee,

I've never been to a class so I can't really comment on them. As far as techniques go, I would love to learn as much as I can on dressing up chipboard...just a thought :-)

Anonymous said...

oh yeah....I would also like to learn different ways to use paint on layouts. What about doodling...is that a technique??? I don't mean with the templates...I mean free hand. I noticed Tracey does it alot on her layouts and I love it. I just never know where to place it. Sorry for babbling...hehe

Queen Mel said...

I agree with Jennypooh, doodling would make me happy :o)

Now from what I hear from "newbies" is the 20 page class they want pages they can create, slap together and place their pictures on. They need a starting point, I have 3 people who want to go to it already.

As for myself, personally there aren't many classes, I know there aren't a ton of new tools out in the market but using the Curvy Cutter would make me come, just doing a one page l/o on the curvy would make me sign up.

Overall, I love where this is headed and the challenges keep me doing what I love best - SB'ing.

Thanks Hollee.....

Unknown said...

Hey Hollee,
I would love to see classes start again. I am new to scrapbooking and attended an 8-page layout class this fall with Kim and it was great. I am up for anything in the classes (ie. use of several techniques, multiple pages, cards, etc.) It would be nice to get back into it and the classes are a great way for us new scrappers (and perhaps pros) to get inspired. Thanks!